IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is growing and has excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. Our customers use our education platform to inspire their employees and empower their channel partners. BlueVolt is an indispensable tool to drive business forward. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
We are looking for an experienced technology leader excited to make our customers awesome. You’ll lead our development team as we build the next generation of our award-winning Learning Management System (LMS). We are seeking candidates who challenge themselves and their team to grow, improve and innovate.
If… You’ve been in the trenches. You have a point of view on the future of cloud delivered services. You are customer-service oriented and a natural problem solver. Your former colleagues note your ability to maintain focus and perspective. You balance the demands of modern web application development and delivery: product performance, security, reliability, time to market, feature development, customer needs- always to deliver a great customer experience. Maybe once upon a time you could do it all on your own. Today you do it with a team- you are the leader and talented developers follow you. …Then, please apply for this leadership role.
- “LMA” – Leadership, Management and Accountability for BlueVolt’s development team.
- Coach the team, help them grow and succeed.
- Make our customers awesome: make the platform faster, more secure and easier to use with every release
- Actively plan and implement the architecture of our platform, from frameworks to software to systems to environments.
- Deliver a great product in a predictable and timely fashion
- Work with peers in customer success, product and operations to meet and exceed BlueVolt’s goals
- Map technology plans to business needs
- Manage the IT, technology and integration needs of the company.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Prepare, review and analyze proposals for technical projects, improvements and infrastructure
- Working with the Product Team, review and monitor quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Review operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Negotiate contracts with consulting firms to perform research or other applicable studies or support.
- Direct appropriate support for quality functions within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing science or related discipline
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years in enterprise architecture and design, secure and scalable enterprise distributed systems
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership
- Track record of successfully mapping technology solutions to business needs.
- Experience leading a development team in a B2B SAAS environment, ideally on the Microsoft stack.
- Experience managing production environments in cloud platforms (AWS/Azure)
- People management skills, proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated success in defining and achieving key performance indicators
- Commitment to professional development and personal growth
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Viewing of computer screen and hand manipulation (hand/eye coordination) is necessary in order to operate a computer keyboard and handle data processing. Must be able to drive, as some automobile travel is necessary in this position. Must be able to stoop, bend and reach overhead in order to file, store, lift and carry materials.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.