Customer Success Manager
Customer Success | Portland, OR | Full Time
Position Summary: The role of Customer Success Manger, will own BlueVolt’s existing customer relationships, develop innovative approaches to deploying and improve our customer’s learning and development programs. The position will be accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction ratings are high, communicating with customers regularly to maintain and increase engagement, as well as identify and drive opportunities to grow existing accounts with BlueVolt’s products and services. They will solicit case studies, ROI and testimonials from our customers in order to both validate our value proposition and provide feedback to our product and sales teams; and create and manage operational and customer success metrics. Additionally, the role will use their expertise and experience to collaborate cross-functionally within BlueVolt to help drive our customer-focused team strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, which include: Increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued value of BlueVolt products and services.
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers along their customer journey.
- Strategically align with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators, in order to achieve successful business outcomes
- Work to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Strategically align with BlueVolt internal teams to ensure customer goals are exceeded
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Managing People - Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working as part of a technical sales team a plus
- Prior experience in Customer Success, Account Management or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license, as some automobile travel is necessary in this position
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
*** All of BlueVolt is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. Once restrictions are lifted we will evaluate the conditions for our employees health and safety. After BlueVolt deems it safe to return to work, we anticipate all employees working from the office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.