Product Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
BlueVolt is a 16-year-old learning solutions business. BlueVolt’s customers use our education platform to inspire their employees and empower their channel partners. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
Work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies running in the cloud. See your work being deployed into production every 2 weeks and actively used by our customers. Work with a fun and collaborative team that will lift you up and help you succeed. If these are things that you would be passionate about, then you are the person we would love to have on our team at BlueVolt.
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best practices in Cloud Engineering.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Work on an Agile Scrum team and deliver work product into Production via automated pipelines on a regular cadence.
- Occasionally be the primary person to deploy our latest solution into Production.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Microsoft Azure Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C#.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably Azure.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Experience configuring and maintaining CDN platforms (i.e. Akamai, CloudFront)
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as SQL Server and Redis.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as require
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM Software Development Process
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure Function Apps, eSQL Databases
- Existing understanding of an ORM like Entity Framework, NHibernate, or similar technologies and what they do.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Location: Portland, OR
No Visa sponsorships available.