Business Analyst/Technical Writer
Product | Portland, OR | Full Time
Position Summary: Since 2003, BlueVolt has been a pioneer in the online eLearning industry. BlueVolt consistently ranks as the top learning and marketing platform, combined with world-class customer service. The secret to BlueVolt success is its sharing network—sharing more than half a million pieces of product training from a variety of industries and manufacturers. BlueVolt helps a wide range of organizations increase sales, build brand leadership, and enhance employee knowledge.
BlueVolt is growing and we need a strong Business Analyst/Technical Writer to join the Product Team
The Business Analyst/Technical Writer will join our Product Team to help drive the definition and implementation of our SaaS products. You’ll work alongside the Product Team to ensure the platform is well-documented and has a strong foundation to ensure the value being delivered to the customers is easy to understand. You’ll work alongside the Engineering Team to help deliver this documentation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Write compelling, engaging, clear and accurate SaaS product documentation that teaches customers and internal audiences how to use Salsify to accomplish their business goals.
- Create wireframes and technical diagrams for existing and new features.
- Requirement documentation: Translate features and functions into documented items for the Engineering Team.
- Review acceptance criteria for feature to ensure it aligns with the documentation.
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Customer Success to understand the stories and drivers behind new and updated Products and Features, and help translate them into impactful, prescriptive use cases for our customers.
- Develop analytics-driven use case examples and prototype the workflows of each.
- Completely own the library of product knowledge for internal and external use.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Good work hygiene and practices.
- Help maintain a healthy balance between Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Product.
- Participate in and help promote a culture of ideas and innovation.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of business analysis, technical writing, and/or product management or closely related experience from a project and product ideation through launch.
- Proven track record of product leadership-focused software development.
- Strong understanding of Scrum methodology and Agile SDLC.
- Ability to build consensus, work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, self-motivate, and prioritize work.
- Elite written and oral communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Deep understanding of the product lifecycle (user needs, market opportunity, product vision, technical capability, product specs, schedule prioritization, successful product delivery).
- Demonstrated ability to meet and beat agreed-upon targets and deadlines.
- Prior experience in developing enterprise-class software.
- Demonstrated success in product releases and life cycle.
- Knowledge of data management products and enterprise system topology.
- Sincere willingness to learn and grow.
- Experience in a cloud/SaaS based internet business.
The Business Analyst/Technical Writer bridges the software requirement gap between Engineering and the business needs of our customers and is an integral part of the team that derives and documents the requirements for our innovative software solutions.