Accounting Clerk - PT
Accounting | Portland, OR | Part Time
BlueVolt is growing. We have excellent product-market fit with loyal customers. We have thousands of customer admin users and hundreds of thousands of learner users. We are known in the skilled trades for our simple, effective learning platform and strong service ethic. We help companies turn learning into a strategic asset. We build strong relationships, growing and learning from our customers as they grow and learn from us.
We are looking for someone who can help us maintain our Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. You will be an invaluable part of the team helping BlueVolt continue to grow.
- Month end invoice creation
- Enter A/P into QuickBooks after receiving appropriate approvals
- Follow up on accounts receivable with clients
- Deposit checks
- Process auto payments
- Respond to client questions
- Other projects as required/assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience or commensurate experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an accounting certificate
- Must work well with varying personality types and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills. Keep people appropriately informed. Listens effectively to others.
- Need the ability to multi-task and remain organized.
- Effective problem-solving ability is essential. Be able to establish priorities, plan and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Should be pro-active in all areas. Have a can-do attitude and a willingness to help others.
- Needs to respond well to internal or external customer needs. Be responsive and flexible.
- Promote continuous improvement. Attention to details and overall objectives.
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Viewing of computer screen and hand manipulation (hand/eye coordination) is necessary in order to operate a computer keyboard and handle data processing. Must be able to drive, as some automobile travel is necessary in this position. Must be able to stoop, bend and reach overhead in order to file, store, lift and carry materials.