Software Engineer - Full Stack
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BlueShift is a startup based in San Francisco, building a Saas product used by B2C marketers to automate behavioral messaging. We founded Blueshift to address problems we encountered first-hand as marketing & machine learning leaders. We had previously founded Groupon Goods (Mertado), and were early team at WalmartLabs (Kosmix). At companies like Walmart & Groupon, we noticed that while marketers want to communicate with their customers on a 1:1 basis, it’s becoming increasingly harder in the era of the perpetually connected customer. Traditionally, marketers have attempted to solve this problem by building what we call as a “database of nouns” – e.g. a database of customers or products with their attributes. This approach was clearly not working, especially in a world where customers were interacting with brands and digital properties faster than ever before. Our thought process behind starting Blueshift was to ask what would happen if we built a new marketing technology stack on a “database of verbs”, capturing customer interactions on web & mobile in real-time & making it dead easy for marketers to use in cross-channel personalization. That was the genesis of our Programmatic CRM solution. We are backed by top tier VC firms (Storm & Nexus Venture Partners, NEA).
Full Stack Engineer
Blueshift Labs is looking for an extraordinary full stack software developer with focus on frontend to reimagine how companies engage with their customers. You will have a chance to work on all aspects of product vision, UX, systems architecture and algorithms design.
- Be a full stack engineer and lead development of intelligent and intuitive systems from back to front.
- Design, develop and deploy pixel perfect web interfaces that delight users
- Build a product for marketers that will help them manage millions of users as easy as targeting a "Segment of one".
- Expert experience with HTML, CSS and JS frameworks
- Proven experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails & Angular.js
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related fields
- Build REST driven APIs to build modular, extensible and robust applications
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- High energy, a passion for high quality software and ability to work with a small team
- Experience working with real-time systems a plus
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible spending accounts for transportation and parking
- Life insurance & disability coverage
- Generous equity grants and competitive salary
- Company will process visa transfers (H1b, TN etc.) and immigration.
- Located in heart of SF FD/SOMA next to BART and close to Caltrain