Backend Software Engineer - Real Time Distributed Systems
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BlueShift Labs is a startup based in San Francisco, building a Saas product used by B2C marketers to automate behavioral messaging. We founded Blueshift to address problems we encountered first-hand as marketing & machine learning leaders. We had previously founded Groupon Goods (Mertado), and were early team at WalmartLabs (Kosmix). At companies like Walmart & Groupon, we noticed that while marketers want to communicate with their customers on a 1:1 basis, it’s becoming increasingly harder in the era of the perpetually connected customer. Traditionally, marketers have attempted to solve this problem by building what we call as a “database of nouns” – e.g. a database of customers or products with their attributes. This approach was clearly not working, especially in a world where customers were interacting with brands and digital properties faster than ever before. Our thought process behind starting Blueshift was to ask what would happen if we built a new marketing technology stack on a “database of verbs”, capturing customer interactions on web & mobile in real-time & making it dead easy for marketers to use in cross-channel personalization. That was the genesis of our Programmatic CRM solution. We are backed by top tier VC firms (Storm & Nexus Venture Partners, NEA).
As a backend engineer, you will help build algorithms & real-time systems that scale to millions of users, and own/build key pieces of our technology from scratch.
- Build large scale and low latency systems scaling to billions of actions
- Analyzing high volume of data to make data driven decisions
- Design algorithms for real-time targeting
- Proven experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails & micro-services
- Experience working with real-time systems a plus.
- Ability to build systems that can handle tens of thousands of requests per second at low latency
- Working experience with NoSQL systems
- Curiosity and passion for algorithm design.
- Experience implementing ML algorithms and iterating with big data will be a plus.
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or related fields
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible spending accounts for transportation and parking
- Life insurance & disability coverage
- Proximity to public transport (BART / Caltrain) and great restaurants in vicinity.
- Generous equity grants and competitive salary
- We will process visa transfers (H1b, TN etc.) and immigration.