Senior Full-Stack Rails Engineer
Engineering | Remote or Boston or Chicago | Full Time
Senior Full-Stack Rails Engineer at Blueleaf
Ship Fast, Learn Faster, Live where you want.
At Blueleaf, we believe building product should be about moving fast and iterating. That's why we iterate on our process like we iterate on our code. We invest heavily in our platform and give teams the autonomy to build value for our customers. That autonomy includes having the ability to live and work from wherever you want.
The Blueleaf mission is to make financial advice available to everyone, not just the wealthy. We work with the very best financial advisory firms to help make it profitable to deliver extraordinary service to a substantially broader audience. Clients win by getting better service. Advisors win by growing their businesses.
We are looking for thoughtful problem solvers who are passionate about development and have excellent people skills.
You want this job because:
- We embrace TDD/BDD and use an informal, responsive process.
- We release daily and aspire to Continuous Integration.
- We have great office space in Boston, MA but have a "Work where you're happy" approach.
- You love to learn and want the time and financial support to further your skills.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Choose your own machine.
- Are a confident engineer.
- Have great talent, eclipsed only by your scrappiness.
- Have an understanding of modern application architecture (Container services, Micro/Macro Services, Event-driven architecture)
- Love Ruby/Rails and enjoy mentoring others who tend to look to you for guidance whether to solve an architecture challenge or unwind a git problem.
- Are strong in Unix, Postgres and have a sense for SaaS operations.
- Are active in the rails community and your peers know and respect you.
- Have software engineering experience in a senior or tech lead position.
- Also may have an interest in learning about finance.
We are a profitable, seed funded startup backed by investors who funded Mint.com, Dropbox, Bank Simple, and Betterment. Currently, we process over $55 Billion every day.
(No recruiters please. Direct inquiries only)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.