Marketing Intern - PT/FT
Sales & Marketing | Cambridge, MA
Blueleaf is a startup that's changing the financial services industry by creating unprecedented transparency and automation to simplify the way that people and financial advisors manage money. We help financial advisory firms automate the process of managing client assets allowing them to serve more people well. Our ultimate goal is ambitious: we want to transform financial services the way Amazon transformed retail sales and Google transformed advertising.
We are a seed funded startup backed by investors who funded Mint.com, Dropbox, Bank Simple, and FX Exchange. And in the last few weeks we've rocketed near our goal of managing $10B this year.
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing Analyst Intern is chartered with developing and maintaining analysis and reports to track the performance of our marketing funnel and key marketing initiatives. This is an analytical position that involves analyzing marketing data using Excel and other tools, developing marketing models and forecasts, developing online surveys and assessing their results, and conducting market research.
The ideal candidate will enjoy taking the initiative, work on multiple projects independently and be eager to learn marketing from the inside out. Candidates with a strong desire and aptitude to have a marketing analyst role following graduation will have the opportunity to build their resume with specific and substantive projects.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Marketing Analytics: Extract marketing data from Hubspot & SalesForce into Excel to gain insight with regard to marketing “funnel metrics” and ROI. Organize data and update monthly dashboards and PowerPoint slides.
- Campaign Performance Tracking: Create reports and Excel-based models to help assess the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Online Survey Creation and Analysis: Design, develop and implement online surveys using SurveyMonkey. Intern will help assess survey results and prepare executive summaries using PowerPoint.
- Online performance tracking using Google Analytics and Google AdWords: Become familiar with Google Analytics and Google AdWords. S/he will use them to update monthly marketing dashboards (e.g., website conversion, % of leads from PPC campaigns that become deals), monitor campaigns and help recommend campaign improvements.
All interested candidates will be expected to analyze a Blueleaf marketing data and present findings as part of the interview process.
This is a temporary, paid internship. Interns should also be available to work 15-20 hours per week during the Spring 2013 semester.
- Student working towards completing the Master of Science in Marketing Analytics program preferred
- Prior marketing internship(s) in a small, fast-paced company
- Strong interest in marketing
- Must demonstrate superb attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze data to solve problems (marketing problems preferred)
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of statistics, research procedures and survey methodology
- Intermediate-level Excel skills, including functions and charting