Engineering | Remote or Boston or Chicago | Full Time
Dynamic early stage role without the typical risk
Blueleaf is a fast growing, cash flow positive early stage company. We are transforming the way financial advisors manage wealth with an industry-leading platform of analytics and communication tools. We're looking for a leader to build and lead our talented engineering team.
The Blueleaf mission is to make financial advice available to everyone, not just the wealthy. We work with the very best financial advisory firms to help make it profitable to deliver extraordinary service to a substantially broader audience. Clients win by getting better service. Advisors win by growing their businesses.
We are looking for a thoughtful leader who is passionate about building useful things and the teams that create them.
- Deliver great product
- Build and lead the software engineering team globally
- Collaborate with the broader team on product planning
- Serve as the engineering team go-to, ensuring sprint goals are executed
- Support the team in solving our toughest product and engineering challenges
- Lead operations of our SaaS platform that manages over $55 Billion in advisor assets
- Cultivate a culture of excellence and effectiveness
- Build processes and train strong engineering practices within the team
- Provide visibility into risks, schedules and dependencies as a member of the management team
- Enjoy leading teams but like to spend time in the code
- Have a demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and energize others.
- Led teams before and kept a team of engineers on track.
- Have strong core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Know the fundamentals and can jump among frameworks if necessary.
- Enjoy mentoring others who tend to look to you for guidance whether to solve an architecture challenge or unwind a git problem.
- Are strong in Unix and have some experience with SaaS operations.
- Also may have an interest in learning about finance.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity.
- Health Insurance
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Budget to buy any equipment you need
- Distributed team, work from anywhere
We are a profitable, seed funded startup backed by investors who funded Mint.com, Dropbox, Bank Simple, and Betterment. Currently, we process over $55 Billion every day.
(No recruiters please. Direct inquiries only)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.