Customer Support Manager
Customer Support | Boston, MA | Full Time
Customer Support Manager
Human Support, Delivered at Scale.
Customer Support is the heart and soul of our business. We’re on the search for an exceptional manager with a passion for developing others, building effective teams, and helping us continue to uphold and surpass our commitments to the customers we serve. Our team is continuing to grow, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have a desire to help others, an interest in technology, and a passion to make the customer service experience a bit more human, this could be the right opportunity for you!
The Blueleaf mission is to make financial advice available to everyone, not just the wealthy. We work with the very best financial advisory firms to help make it profitable to deliver extraordinary service to a substantially broader audience. Clients win by getting better service. Advisors win by growing their businesses.
We are looking for a thoughtful leader who is passionate about development and have excellent people skills.
Responsibilities as a Customer Support Manager
- Day-to-day management of 3-5 Customer Support Specialists.
- Act as a player-coach directly handling customer cases from time to time.
- Ensuring individual workflows enable the team to reach or exceed customer service SLAs
- Managing customer escalations to create positive interactions
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders on process improvement & software usability patterns
- Coaching front-line Customer Support Representatives and Team Leads to help them achieve personal and professional goals
- Partnering with recruiting to hire world-class employees
- Thinking systemically and analyzing customer data to make informed decisions about changes to the team, programming, shift scheduling, staffing, etc.
- Motivate and develop a team of Support Specialists to deliver the best possible issue resolutions to customers in the least amount of customer time, while meeting SLAs
- Collaborate with customer success team to envision, plan, and implement customer success programs that improve customer usage, retention, and happiness
- Use your resourcefulness to team up with other Blueleafers, such as developers and account managers, to holistically drive effective software solutions for our customers
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- 1+ years experience in a SaaS or customer service environment
- Exceptional understanding of customer service, technical issue resolution, and support best practices
- Experience with incident management (e.g. outages) and customer communication
- Experience in managing and developing a team of customer-facing staff and gets genuine fulfillment by supporting others in achieving success
- Has a hunger to learn and grow, and support others in learning and growing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has a history of self-starting, setting goals, and knocking them out of the park
- History of opportunistically identifying and implementing new programs that drive customer success and/or team development
- Loves to drive results independently, and as a member of a collaborative team
- Can always find new ways to add value
- Experience recruiting, coaching and developing team members
- Superior data monitoring, analysis, and manipulation skills
- Driven by natural curiosity and an affinity for problem-solving
- Has an established interest in technology, marketing, sales and business growth
We are a profitable, seed funded startup backed by investors who funded Mint.com, Dropbox, Bank Simple, and Betterment. Currently, we process over $55 Billion every day.
(No recruiters please. Direct inquiries only)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.