VP, Business Development
Business Development | New York, NY
Growing NYC video start up, Blip Networks, is looking for a VP, Business Development to develop and execute a comprehensive distribution strategy for Blip’s expanding library of over 5 million web series episodes.
As a rock star Business Development executive, you have negotiated, closed and implemented deals with major media and Internet companies and you have the rolodex to prove it. You’re passionate and savvy about online video and have expertise across the digital media landscape with deep relationships in the industry.
You have a strong understanding of how to build an audience and brand through distribution deals and a self-sufficient, hands-on personality; you live and die by results and just want to get things done.
The VP of business development will develop and execute strategies for distribution of Blip's original web series across mobile, web and interactive TV. This person will be responsible for negotiations with the leading digital media brands, internet blue-chips, OTT providers, and others, and will be responsible for hitting Blip’s distribution revenue and audience goals. He/she will manage relationships with existing partners and develop and establish relationships with new partners. This person will be an expert on all new digital platforms and work closely with the SVP, Business Development and Operations to represent Blip's strategy externally and internally.
· Identify the best outlets for distribution of Blip content and develop and implement strategies to grow Blip’s reach, brand awareness, inventory and revenue
· Work closely with the Blip Content team to package content for distribution and secure competitive deals
· Structure, negotiate and close smart, competitive online, mobile and OTT distribution deals
· Own the partner management of distribution deals, working effectively both internally and with partners to execute and grow strategic partnerships.
· Maintain deal pipeline and track and report results of all partnerships to the management team and company
· Develop expertise on distribution landscape and communicate current marketplace information on industry trending for competitive positioning, business models, deal terms and strategic partnerships & marketing
· Must be both a strategic thinker and a tactical executor with the ability to perform under tight time constraints
· Strong understanding of distribution agreements and substantial experience with leading successful deal negotiations with big companies
· Must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the digital media ecosystem
· Excellent sales presentation skills and interpersonal skills
· Candidate should have a proven track record of relationship management and year over year renewal and growth with existing partners
· An ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
· Passion for online video
· NY, LA or SF based
· Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, as needed
· 7-10 years experience in online business development/deal-making
· Undergraduate degree required and MA/MBA preferred