Digital Development Executive, Unscripted/Reality - FREELANCE
Content | Los Angeles, CA
Digital Development Executive, Unscripted/Reality (Santa Monica, CA)
Blip Studios is a multiplatform digital studio that produces engaging, innovative original content for the Blip network.
We’re looking for a highly creative, hard-working development executive who wants to be on the front lines of the digital entertainment world. This position demands an advertiser-minded development workhorse who can think fast, write fast, and work under tight deadlines. You will work alongside the VP of Original Programming & Development and Blip’s dedicated in-house Sales team to shape our development slate and be involved in all aspects of show creation and sales. This is an opportunity to work with a small, highly experienced digital team with 250,000,000 views under our collective belts. Here you’ll have a big creative influence and be an integral part of the team. This is a contract position (Mon-Fri) in our Santa Monica office that includes free lunch every day!
You’d be a great fit for this position if...
- You have deep knowledge of popular TV show formats, especially unscripted/reality shows, and you are constantly and consistently generating new show ideas and formats that are tomorrow’s biggest hits.
- You love television, online video, pop culture, and you stay on top of trends, new shows, internet memes, and current events.
- You can take a 3 or 4 sentence summary of a show idea and turn it into a fully fleshed out, multi-page treatment.
- You have some production experience, ideally in digital production, and you know how to develop for smaller-scale, modest budgets.
- You have some experience working with advertisers or brands, ideally in a branded entertainment situation.
- You understand that “good” branded entertainment will hook and engage viewers just like any other piece of entertainment - it’s not a commercial.
- Working closely with Blip’s ad sales team to create and develop custom show concepts for Blip’s advertisers (mostly Fortune 500 companies) - often with short notice and tight deadlines.
- Creating sales materials for shows in development - e.g. building decks/presentations, writing fleshed out show treatments, overseeing artwork and assets designed by Blip’s creative services team, etc.
- Producing sizzle reels for shows in development by overseeing a group of freelance producer/editors - you will write sizzle scripts, take the lead creatively, and provide notes quickly.
- Expanding, refining, and improving Blip’s slate of shows in development by contributing your own awesome ideas.
- Meeting with independent producers and production companies who want to pitch their shows to Blip Studios, and evaluating those opportunities based on internal needs, advertiser needs, etc.
- Developing creative and innovative ways to integrate brand messaging and viewer interaction into shows in development, and also existing shows on the Blip network that have sponsorship opportunities.
- Updating the Blip Studios website regularly with the latest slate additions/revisions, press mentions, case studies, etc.
- BA/BS or equivalent;
- At least 2 years development experience with a track record of sold shows;
- Proven ability to generate great-looking and effective marketing materials for the purpose of selling shows;
- Understanding of Wordpress and/or other website content management systems;
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.