Sr. Manager US Programming, BR Football
Programming | New York, NY | Full Time
We’re looking for an us-based soccer fanatic and news junkie who knows how to identify, create and distribute engaging sports content. Take a look at our app and social media for examples of the types of content we try to surface and package.
BR Football’s programming team works virtually around the clock to give a fresh and unique look to soccer fans wherever they consume content. To ensure that BR Football provides the best user experience across platforms and grows an engaged US soccer audience, our Sr. Managers’ responsibilities include setting and executing on our US-focused content and programming strategy, Ideating and leading the creation of original content, distributing and curating breaking news, external content, social media posts and video highlights. In addition, the individual is responsible for managing a team consisting of 3 or more individuals and creating staff schedules and providing mentorship / coaching to junior staff. This role is focused on soccer, but a strong knowledge of major US sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Colleges etc.) is necessary.
- Setting the tone, look and feel of BR Football and Bleacher Report’s soccer coverage for a US audience
- Setting and executing the strategic plan for multiple programming channels
- Ideating and leading the creation of original content, distributing and curating breaking news, external content, social media posts and video highlights
- Meeting / strategizing with leaders from other business units to align goals and ensure support for US-focused soccer initiatives
- Creating and executing A/B tests with the goals of increasing audience growth and engagement on social channels
- Signing off on high impact text, graphic, video and multi-media content offerings
- News and social media monitoring
- Swift editorial response and decision making
- Reviewing and providing guidance on headlines / hook / captions
- Managing a team consisting of 3 or more individuals
- Leading meetings for his/her programming unit(s)
- Providing mentorship / coaching to junior staff
- Playing an integral part of the hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Finalizing and approving staff schedules
- Final approval on new hires for individual programming unit(s)
- Provides guidance for resource allocation and needs
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 - 6 years of professional sports media, social media, journalism or marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in related field such as journalism, sports management, media studies
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and any experience with CrowdTangle would be considered a major plus.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is ideal; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
- Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing and a working or advanced knowledge of Photoshop is not essential but definitely beneficial.
- Experience in video production / editing is a major plus.
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.