Senior Quality Editor
Content | SF or remote (US based) | Full Time
Bleacher Report is one of Turner's leading digital businesses. It is the site of choice for the next generation of sports fans. B/R attracts millions of sports fans every month with its fun, comprehensive and entertaining national and team-based content. Since being acquired by Turner Sports in August 2012, the company has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant start-up culture.
About the Role:
B/R is seeking a senior quality editor to review content (text, video, social) for placement in high-profile programming channels, such as the site’s home page, the B/R app and major social platforms.
Quality editors are responsible for reviewing all content bound for these channels, assuring the highest quality in regard to brand reputation, analytical arguments, factual/statistical support, copy editing, multimedia elements and formatting prior to approval.
Senior quality editors must communicate efficiently and effectively internally and across teams to field requests and fix substantive issues. Successful candidates will possess the right balance of sports expertise, prior sports editing experience, familiarity with established editorial standards and practices, exceptional communication skills, and dedication to the team's mission to grow and protect the site. Prior B/R quality editing experience is a major plus, and all external candidates will have to pass an editing test to be considered for an interview.
This is a full-time, long-term position requiring a flexible work schedule that may necessitate some night and/or weekend shifts. Proximity to the Bleacher Report offices in San Francisco or New York City is preferred but not required.
Interested applicants should submit a resume AND a cover letter describing their specific qualifications for the position. Applicants who do not include a cover letter with their resume will not be considered.
- Prior editing experience in sports journalism
- Expert knowledge in all or most of the major U.S. and European sports covered by Bleacher Report
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with all forms of digital and social media; ability to quickly fact-check content and evaluate the credibility of source material
- Positive attitude, patient demeanor and ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing attention to detail
- Proficiency with the following (or similar) resources: Gmail, Slack, Google Hangout, Google Docs/Forms
- Degree in journalism, English, communication studies or related field
- Four to seven years of experience in sports media. Knowledge of social media strategies an added plus
- Direct prior professional experience working with Bleacher Report content, writers or programming channels (B/R app, social media pages, site homepage, newsletters, etc.)
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.