Quality Editor (Temporary)
Content | Remote (US) | Temporary
B/R is seeking a temporary quality editor to review content (text, video, social) for placement in high-profile programming channels, such as the site’s home page, the B/R app and major social platforms, to assist with coverage during a busy five-month period.
Quality editors are responsible for reviewing all content bound for these channels, assuring the highest quality in regard to writing mechanics, analytical arguments, factual/statistical support, copy editing, multimedia elements and formatting.
Quality editors must also communicate efficiently and effectively across teams to fix substantive issues. Successful candidates will possess the right balance of sports expertise, prior editing experience, familiarity with established editorial standards and practices, exceptional communication skills, and dedication to the team's mission to grow and protect the brand. All candidates will have to pass an editing test to be considered for an interview.
This is a temporary position requiring full-time hours and a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work nights and weekends. A successful candidate would be expected to work from home.
Interested applicants should submit a resume AND a cover letter describing their specific qualifications for the position in order to be considered.
- Prior editing experience in sports journalism
- Expert knowledge in all or most of the major U.S. and European sports covered by Bleacher Report
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with all forms of digital and social media; ability to quickly fact-check content and evaluate the credibility of source material
- Positive attitude, patient demeanor and ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing attention to detail
- Proficiency with the following (or similar) resources: Gmail, Slack, Google Hangout, Google Docs/Forms
- Degree in journalism, English, communication studies or related field
- Prior writing experience in sports journalism is a plus
- Direct prior experience or familiarity with Bleacher Report content, writers and programming channels (B/R app, social media pages, site homepage, newsletters, etc.) is a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.