Project Manager, Biz Ops & Strategy
Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
We are the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. B/R's vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app.
About the role:
The Project Manager of Biz Ops & Strategy plays a critical role in supporting strategic, operational, and organizational initiatives. This person will work with senior leadership and key stakeholders across B/R throughout the entire operations life cycle: strategy, planning, execution, goal measurement, and ensuring accountability.
- Works closely with departmental and operational leaders to clarify and communicate strategic goals to managers and teams responsible for planning and execution. Managers coordinate and regularly attend planning meetings to support and ensure consistency of project planning, taking the lead on identifying clear action items, milestones, goals, deadlines and project owners/collaborators.
- Partner closely with project/initiative owners to ensure all deliverables are understood, moving forward as expected, and on target for completion. He/she will keep all relevant stakeholders looped in on essential communication and ensure the right people are connected to each other.
- Coordinate with leaders tasked with planning and execution to establish measurable team and individual goals that align with the company’s overall strategic objectives.
- Maintain regular touchpoints and interactions with all content teams to ensure processes and communication flows operate as they’re designed to, optimizing for efficiency as needed.
- Foster and maintain a culture of accountability and forward progress, setting a positive example for other leaders to follow across the organization.
- 6+ years of related experience in project management, process management, operations or a demonstrable track record of leveraging similar skillsets in other areas
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents/data relating to the business and identify trends
- Intimate familiarity w/Bleacher Report content organization
- Outstanding relationship-building skills; able to motivate senior & junior staff
- Proficient in basic computer modules, especially Google Drive, Microsoft Office, MySQL database tools
- Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field
- A skilled coach and supervisor, able to work w/many different people, remain calm under pressure
- Strong willed, good decision-maker and presenter
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems
- Master’s degree in a managerial field is an added advantage
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.