Marketing/PR | New York, NY | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through Team Stream™, the top-rated smartphone and tablet app.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Since being acquired by Turner in 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant start-up culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid-back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
Bleacher Report, a division of WarnerMedia News & Sports, is looking for a passionate communications practitioner to join its team. This individual will be an integral member of the internal team, driving the B/R brand forward. This role will sit within the B/R communications group, a part of the larger WarnerMedia News & Sports communications team which also includes employee communications, social/video, content development, technology, and diversity & inclusion efforts.
- Media monitoring/clippings, reporting/metrics and distribution; event research and editorial calendar development; media/press list management; strategic coordination with brand teams; creation and management of corporate/executive award submissions; project management activities including run of shows, connecting with internal partners on asset development, and event material needs.
- Assist with executive communications efforts including writing/updating leadership bios, coordinating executive photography with internal studios team, researching thought leadership prospects such as event/speaking engagements or profile opportunities, and researching & writing briefing documents.
- Create proactive pitches and story ideas targeted to national media, content-specific outlets, trade pubs, and social platforms.
- Pitch and secure coverage in trade publications, newspapers, magazines, radio and online media.
- Support staff meetings, events and engagements (lunch & learns, global leadership and/or external press/partner meetings, and other various team initiatives).
- Oversee vendors and budget/invoicing.
- Mentorship and guidance for team interns.
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or English, or a related field.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Cision, Critical Mention a plus.
- Media relations experience as well as experience crafting and writing messaging.
- Attention to detail and a passion for learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong initiative and solid ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Solid understanding of the business and various team functions.
- Project-management experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.