Manager, Learning & Development
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Manager, Learning & Development
We are the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
About the Role:
Bleacher Report is looking to establish and scale a holistic learning and development program that grows company, team and individual capabilities. The L&D Manager will partner closely with HR and executive leadership to develop the L&D strategy and define short-term and long-term goals. They will be responsible for creating innovative and engaging solutions that support the needs of employees, align with business objectives and reinforce the B/R culture. They will manage all aspects of training and performance improvement programs and establish themselves as a go-to resource for employees and managers alike.
- Partner with HR and executive leadership to design and develop training and performance improvement programs that target individual, team and Company goals / needs.
- Oversee the execution and management of talent development solutions, customizing programs for senior leadership, mid-level managers, and high performing employees as well as functional expertise, e.g. Content, Product, Engineering, Sales, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in digital learning trends, training tools and platforms and provide thought leadership in continuously exploring new and innovative approaches.
- Oversee training programs and performance improvement projects, develop L&D processes and guidelines, and manage relationships with external partners and vendors as needed.
- Track and monitor overall effectiveness of L&D solutions delivered; proactively communicate progress and learnings to senior leadership, and work with HR, Ops, Turner, and/or external partners to iterate and improve programs over time.
- Assist in the development of the Learning & Development annual plan.
- Partner with senior management and Ops teams to strategize on team-building events, recognition programs, educational and inspirational panels and other opportunities to build and reinforce the culture.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience in learning & development with exposure and experience with instructional design, content development and delivery, workshop facilitation, workforce performance improvement initiatives, organizational development and change management, and multiple learning solutions (i.e. instructor led, digital, and blended learning).
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to effectively manage concurrent and competing priorities.
- Excellent facilitation skills and the ability to manage group dynamics
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills
- Effective Organizational Development experience a plus (assessment, design, team development, coaching)
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective project management, tracking and organizational skills
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.