Manager, Experiential Marketing
Marketing/PR | New York, NY | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February, 2018, Bleacher Report was rated the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Bleacher Report is hiring an events and marketing professional to join our Experiential Marketing team in a hybrid role that includes integrated marketing event and hospitality management as well as critical departmental administration responsibilities. This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating all aspects of assigned events, both internal and external. This role provides support to other team members on other department-led events, such as supporting activation, production, and programming elements for Integrated Marketing and Sales events.
*This position requires travel.
Internal & External Events:
- Manage or provide assistance with development, execution, and implementation of every facet of assigned events
- Participate on weekly calls, compiling agendas, developing structure and flow of the event, and create runs of show
- Work with multiple internal divisions to support end to end event production
- Understand production needs and identify partner resources to implement creative and production related elements
- Source venues and vendors, working with Creative, Legal, Risk, Security, and Finance on the contracting and securing of venues and vendors
- Develop budget estimates, track working budgets, and seek approvals from department lead
- Responsible for the overall look of their events and consistency with brand marketing strategy and creative guidelines
- Support internal communication and collaboration across the organization to develop integrated marketing, promotional, and content plans surrounding events.
- Work with support team and manage vendors & sponsor activations onsite
- Manage post event closure including vendor payments, final budget, and billouts
- Works to meet and exceed department and company goals and objectives
- Implement Event Marketing Best Practices and Criteria for Success
- Work with event hospitality team on relevant needs such as
- Ticket Inventory and Distribution
- Guest list management and Registration
- Offsite Dinners and Parties
- Hotel: Rooming List, Food and Beverage, and Hospitality Suite
- Activities Research and Coordination
- Merchandise and gifts
- Collateral (invitations, welcome letters, ect.)
- Manage sponsorship activation in partnership with account managers in client strategy
- Proactively develop and price custom activation ideas, and source vendors
- Record and distributes in-market event production meeting agendas and notes as well as other key department meeting agendas and notes as directed by the department heads
- Retain short-term event staff and brand ambassadors; train as needed
- Secure labor and storage for event team-owned product, merch, and décor for repeat use
- Scheduling: Schedule full team meetings as necessary with other in/out of house groups and maintain department head’s calendar, as assigned
- Manage travel coordination and expense reporting as assigned by department heads
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 4-7 years of related experience
- Excellent multitasking skills, detail orientation and follow through
- Thorough understanding of social media
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and other teams
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.