Executive Director of On-Air Talent
Talent | New York, NY | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
About the Role:
Bleacher Report is looking for an individual to oversee the Bleacher Report Talent Services team. The BR Executive Director of Talent will be charged with developing a strategic plan for recruiting, cultivating and retaining on-camera talent, as well providing leadership and oversight to working with key sports figures, agents and leagues.
- Manage the internal BR talent services team, providing day-to-day leadership over all talent related activities, including contracts, schedules, special requests and budgeting.
- Enhance relationships with key contacts, including talent agencies/bookers, agents, players, celebrities and leagues to help bolster access and familiarity with the BR brand.
- Conduct ongoing contract negotiations, budget planning and long-range strategic talent relations planning.
- Contribute to on-camera talent development by providing regular feedback on performances and growth opportunities.
- Interface with senior leadership to evaluate and contribute to overarching business goals.
- Mentor talent services junior staff as to develop a team with strong talent management skills.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate efforts for talent, player and celebrity requests across all BR platforms.
- Build collaborations across WarnerMedia divisions, including sports, news, HBO, AT&T etc. to help leverage resources and opportunities.
- 10+ years experience in the talent relations arena within the sports and/or entertainment industry with key relationships and connections.
- Proven track record of success in identifying, recruiting and cultivating notable on-camera talent.
- Experienced leader with dynamic communication and negotiation skills.
- Creative and flexible manager with a keen understanding of motivating staff as well as internal and external on-camera talent.
- Deep understanding of both sports & pop culture, as well as execution of talent plans for dynamic content creation.
- Well-known reputation within the sports and/or entertainment industry with a wealth of key contacts.
- Must have sports knowledge and familiarity of the Bleacher Report brand.
- The full-time position is based in the BR New York office; travel is required for business-related events and meetings.
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.