Executive Director, Content Development
Content | New York, NY | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Our vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry- leading fan experience on mobile devices through our top-rated app. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the Role:
The Executive Director, Content Development is responsible for leading all ideation and creation of IP for Video Shows, Animated Series and annual Content Tentpoles to achieve brand, audience and revenue objectives. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a proven track record of developing content aimed at young audiences, preferably in digital media and sports culture. This individual will identify opportunities and generate creative solutions, working very closely with the Sr. Director of IP/Video Execution to ensure the launch of vehicles that solve audience and business challenges.
- Supervise a team of content strategists and ideators to develop ideas into viable proofs of concept.
- Develop a deep understanding of B/R's content strategy and capabilities to help shape the aesthetic for video.
- Embrace data/analytics about the types of content and themes the audience is consuming
- Spearhead a culture of creativity and innovation, and develop progressive formats and execution paths.
- Bring in and take pitches from outside producers and production companies.
- Collaborate effectively and leverage the full breadth of B/R's storytelling resources.
- Manage and communicate the flow of information to executive management, content leadership, ad sales, and business development teams on strategy and day-to-day execution.
- Occasionally attend shoots (may require travel)
- 5+ years of relevant experience developing show concepts.
- Proven track record of developing content aimed at young audiences.
- Experience leading creative teams or talent collaborations.
- In-depth understanding of the digital media industry (preferably sports and sports culture) with strong editorial/content sensibilities.
- Ability to independently evaluate white space and ideate content concepts that address strategic business opportunities.
- Outgoing and collaborative personality with the ability to develop strong relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.