Director, Brand Marketing
Marketing/PR | New York, NY | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February 2018, Bleacher Report was rated the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Bleacher Report is hiring a Director, Brand Marketing who will work cross-functionally to help lead the vision, definition, prioritization, development, launch and evolution of Bleacher Report’s brand marketing strategy. This role will have daily involvement with the product, content and talent marketing teams, and work with them to manage and optimize campaigns that drive brand growth. The Director, Brand Marketing will be responsible for ensuring Bleacher Report's premium and award-winning content, platforms and initiatives, both editorial and brand, are being maximized across channels.
- Manage the volume of inputs and outputs and create a clear strategy for prioritization within the brand marketing ecosystem
- Budget management that seeks a critical and creative eye to maximize value for any earned or paid media opportunities as well as any experiential or tactical approaches that require investment for reward
- Collaborate with designers, product & brand marketing, analysts and insights team and other internal/external partners to understand and craft marketing strategies across B/R tent pole and one-off initiatives
- Interface directly with internal counterparts to understand and synchronize priorities in an effort to grow B/R platforms with a clear, pre-determined set of goals for each
- Confidently drive innovative efforts to support app growth around editorial premium opportunities, event franchise opportunities, each of our O+O handles/platforms and with our internal and external talent that uncover new value with thoughtful kinds of end-to-end executions
- Working knowledge of SEO and search marketing to capitalize on opportunities to capture new users and generate valuable leads
- Minimum of 7-10 years of applicable marketing experience
- Disciplined marketer with both media and non-media company experience for B2B and B2C marketing efforts
- Exceptional people and project management skills; actively contributes to establishing the organizational structure, defining roles, and managing headcount
- Superior writing skills and the ability to create decks and internal and external presentations that are both beautifully designed and thoughtfully executed
- An insatiable curiosity -- able to observe and identify patterns, trends and insights in the real world.
- Low ego, understands personal success is directly linked to the team's success
- Strong interpersonal skills for working in a cross-functional team environment, maintain strong relationships with other departments to develop fluency in Bleacher Report’s voice as a cultural brand
- Effective time management skills to maintain multiple projects with complex details and timelines
- Personal interest in sports is a plus, but not a requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.