Design Director, Product
Design | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February, 2018, Bleacher Report was rated the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the Role:
The Design Director, Product owns the look and feel across all products at B/R; including apps, web and internal tools. You will lead a talented team of Product Designers in our San Francisco office, working closely with stakeholders across the organization.
- Lead and grow a team of UX and Visual Designers.
- Own the overall experience of app and web products
- Identify, create and develop new products and features
- Create social experiences connecting users and promoting engagement
- Provide a user-centric design philosophy for creating simple, useful products
- Implement a cohesive visual language across all products
- Evolve internal tools to improve workflows and efficiency
- Guide team to develop best practices and processes
- Balance both user and business needs
- Utilize data incorporating by both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Proactively seek new opportunities to use to design to solve company problems
- Serve as a partner and key touchpoint between Design, Engineering, Product, Editorial
- Strive for continual improvement to maintain the highest quality of work
- Maintain a holistic point-of-view to unite and utilize design across the company
- Promote transparency and communication across groups. Strengthen relationships between individuals and teams through frequent and consistent communication.
- Strong design portfolio of digital product work
- 10+ years experience (past leadership experience preferred)
- Recent experience designing engaging, social products
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
- Proven ability creating useful, satisfying mobile products
- Demonstrates a user-centered approach to design with a mind for process
- Bold leadership skills, confident in team building, mentoring and guiding talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent presentation skills, with a natural ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Deep understanding of digital landscape, social platforms, and technology trends
- In tune with contemporary design, internet and youth culture trends
- Experience working closely with engineering teams
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, APIs and 3rd party integrations
- Understanding and/or experience with content publishing a plus
- A knowledge and love of sports and sports culture a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field preferred
- This position is located in San Francisco
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.