Content Programmer II
Programming | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Our vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry- leading fan experience on mobile devices through our top-rated app. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the role:
A Content Programmer 2 is responsible for finding engaging sports content for B/R’s mobile app and website. They are in tasked with covering breaking news, sending push notifications and curating content.
- Create and send push notifications about breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
- Execute push notification plans around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar
- Collaborate with social, front page teams to ensure push notification and content packaging plans are consistent across platforms
- Help establish B/R’s voice and tone on desktop and mobile channels
- 1-3 years of sports media experience preferred
- Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports. Expertise in Fantasy Football, MLB, MMA, WWE a plus.
- A keen awareness of Bleacher Report’s voice. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms.
- Tech savvy. It’s important that the candidate is well versed in the world of Internet sports. Monitoring Twitter, major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social trends.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.