Programming | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive app Team Stream. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
Since being acquired by Turner in 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
About the role:
A Content Programmer is responsible for programming engaging sports content on our mobile app, website and social platforms. They work in real time to send push notifications, program content and post to social platforms for our 15M+ users.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in setting the tone, look and feel of B/R's distribution channels (social accounts, desktop and mobile).
- Write copy for hooks/captions on all platforms and work in real time to ensure voice remains in line with internal programming strategy guide.
- Program B/R written content and package content based on strategy guide.
- Communicate and make real-time programming decisions across platforms, internally.
- Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports.
- Have a keen awareness of Bleacher Report’s voice. When big sports news happens, how would B/R react on multiple platforms?
- Ingrained and interested in sports culture: music, fashion, food, outside the lines- type storylines.
- Tech savvy. It’s important that the candidate is well versed in the world of Internet sports. Monitoring Twitter, major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social networks.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Full-time position with flexible benefit offerings; 401(k) plan with generous match; discounts & perks; community involvement.
- Salary: DOE
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.