Programming | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February, 2018, Bleacher Report was rated the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the role:
Bleacher Report is looking for an intern to help with the daily operation and strategy of our automated social media feeds within the B/R app. This is an opportunity to impact B/R’s creative and unique app user experience. The intern will help us keep social media sources and keywords optimized and up to date. The ideal candidate will have a very strong grasp of social media platforms and an extreme attention to detail.
● Manage the keywords that determine what content is ingested into B/R’s app
● Audit current social media sources and discover new ones for ingestion into B/R app
● Monitor and report on data regarding social media within the app
● Brainstorm new and innovative ways for B/R app to source and display content
● Assist with other automation responsibilities as necessary
● High level of attention to detail; role involves precision in creating rules and keywords
● Logic-based frame of mind; rules and keywords are implemented in a very step-by-step process
● Strong knowledge of multiple sports and general sports landscape
● Go-getting attitude, excellent work ethic and eagerness to do things the right way
Internship dates are from June 11 – August 17, 2018. This is a paid internship and all interns are expected to work 40 hours per week. Current enrollment in an accredited College/University is required at time of the internship.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.