Associate Editor, Social Moments
Content | New York, NY | Full Time
We are the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
About the role:
- The Associate Editor for Original Social’s Real Time team will be responsible for working with the Asst. Managing Editor and Editors to manage the day-to-day coverage of all of the Original Social team’s real-time executions.
- They will be tasked with managing the production of real time reactions to breaking sports news and the live coverage of sporting events in the form of video.
- They will help coordinate day-to-day original social content for Bleacher Report, focused on highly visual and innovative content presentation.
- Work with editors, designers, animators, and independent contractors to produce visually powerful and sharable content.
- Work with social and programming team on best content and formats for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other social platforms.
- The successful candidate knows what people are consuming and sharing in a mobile-first, real-time world and how to create unique visual content experiences
- Proven working experience in social media or related field
- 1-3 Years experience editing video
- Excellent, writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Deep knowledge and passion for sports, entertainment, popular culture
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social networks
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Bachelors Degree or Relevant Work Experience
Please also submit a reel/portfolio when applying.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.