Associate Editor, NBA, Temporary
Editorial | Remote - Work From Home | Full Time and Temporary
Bleacher Report is a leading digital media source for sports content and conversation. Its NBA coverage is a major driver of reader engagement with our B/R app. We cover the biggest names, news and trends in the NBA while also offering targeted content for fans of every team. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com.
About the role:
This is a temporary, full-time position from mid-August to mid-October, 2018. We are looking for an enthusiastic NBA expert with experience assigning, editing or writing NBA text content.
The Associate Editor will work with Bleacher Report's full Editorial team, as well as its Programming and Quality Control departments, to plan, assign, track and distribute NBA content.
The Associate Editor will assign topics to writers, develop story ideas and review published content. This is not a writing position.
This position can be worked from a Remote location.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tracking NBA news.
- Developing story ideas.
- Communicating with writers, other editors and programmers.
- Monitoring the progress and distribution of text articles.
- Working five eight-hour shifts per week.
- Meeting with other NBA stakeholders at Bleacher Report.
- 2+ years experience creating or organizing sports text content.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- 2+ years experience with digital-media production or distribution.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.