Android Engineer (remote - US based)
Engineering | Remote - Work From Home | Full Time
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
As a division of Turner, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment. You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks. We are growing our mobile team and looking for an Android Engineer to work either in our SF office or remotely within the US.
What you’ll be building...
Bleacher Report is the premier social sports app, and serves as a destination for millions of fans all over the world to read, watch, listen, and discuss what’s happening in the world of sports. We pride ourselves on delivering a rich fan experience by using the latest and greatest technologies, sweating the small stuff, and continuing to iterate.
How you’ll build it...
We primarily develop in Kotlin, while our app is still mostly in Java. We aren’t afraid to include new OS features and libraries in our apps. We work closely with the engineers writing and maintaining our custom web services when building new features or refactoring old ones. We discuss approaches to problems early and often, review each other’s code, and are open to suggestions.
- Proficiency in Android app development, with experience using Android SDK and deep understanding of android development.
- Minimum 5+ years experience of Android development
- Proficiency in Kotlin, with a desire to continue learning the ins and outs of the language as it evolves.
- Minimum of 6+ months working with Kotlin.
- Proficiency in Java, especially around interoperability with Kotlin.
- Strong understanding of Android multi-threading (RxJava, Kotlin Coroutines).
- Strong understanding of Android networking and working with web services.
- Strong debugging skills, including experience using Unit Tests.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
**Note “sports fanship” was not listed as a requirement. We love all of our engineers, sports fans or not. Those who thrive on technical problem solving will feel just as at home as those that thrive on game 7 showdowns.**
- Proficiency with git.
- Proficiency in Android Studio with strong knowledge using Gradle.
- Experience writing efficient layouts.
- Experience with dependency injection.
- Strong understanding of MVVM, MVP and other architecture frameworks.
- Experience working in a large code base with multiple targets.
- Experience building test frameworks.
- Experience using Android architecture components.
- Strong understanding of ExoPlayer and Inline Video playback, with experience working on a media rich app.
Benefits and perks include…
Bleacher Report offers a fast-paced, energetic and agile environment that genuinely values and promotes each person’s unique talents. We combine the agility of a startup environment with the stability and benefits only a company backed by Turner Broadcasting can bring.
- Competitive salary
- Variable bonuses based on individual and company performance
- $5,000 annual conference budget
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan with matching
- Life Insurance and AD&D, LTD
- Transit stipends
- Subsidized gym memberships
- The latest technology and equipment you need
- Fully-stocked snack and coffee bar with a variety of food and beverages
- Awesome team events year-round, in and out of the office.
Bleacher Report is a division of WarnerMedia. WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.