Experienced Sewing Machinist
Production | Banyo, QLD, Australia | Full Time and Part Time
BlackMilk Clothing is an Australian fashion label that isn't afraid to do things a little differently. We manufacture right here in Brisbane and are constantly creating and designing cool new things. As a vertically integrated business we pride ourselves on our ability to respond to trends and customer feedback. We are passionate about our clothes and dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for our team and customers alike.
We are looking for energetic and adaptable sewing machinists to join our team. Shifts range from Monday to Friday with most shifts being 7am to 3pm. These roles would be suited to a recent fashion graduate or someone with textiles/fabric experience. Use your passion for fabric and fashion!
Sewing Machinist - FT
- Operation of a plain sewing industrial sewing machine
- Operation of a cover seamer industrial sewing machine
- Speed and accuracy
- Use of the above machines with stretch fabrics
What are we looking for?
- 2 years industrial sewing experience is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of various types of fabric
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Demonstrated safe work practices and manual handing is essential
- Excellent hand eye coordination
- Ability to work within a team taking direction as well as autonomously
- A flexible and adaptable work ethic
- Task oriented and able to work under pressure
- Friendly and level headed with a conscientious approach
How do I apply?
If you think this sounds like you and you have a genuine interest in fashion we’d love to hear from you! Please click apply and submit the following:
- A one page summary explaining why you think you would be fabulous in the role.
- Your availability across the work week (days and times)
- Your up to date resume