BHL Mine | Glenrock, WY | Full Time
This position is responsible for operating the Scraper at the Glenrock, Wyoming location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and ensure compliance with Federal, State and MSHA regulations as well as Company safety policies.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently in removal of overburden and topsoil.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Accurately complete shift reports as well as production, maintenance, and safety recordkeeping
- Set-up and operation of excavation equipment
- Awareness and mitigation of hazardous ground conditions
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience required.
- A good understanding of mining to be able to problem solve and troubleshoot issues as they arise that impact the production of the mine.
- General knowledge of machinery and the ability to operate machinery such as but not limited to loaders, excavators, and trucks in a safe manner.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to use hand tools.
- Effective listening and verbal communication skills.
- Expediently resolves issues and follows through on details
- Exhibits patience, professionalism, and courtesy in internal and external communications
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions
Classification: Hourly, paid bi-weekly, benefits eligible
Position open: Immediately
Location: Glenrock, Wyoming
Black Hills Lignite is an Equal Opportunity Employer