Senior Data Engineer/Technician
Information Technology | Mechanicsburg, PA | Full Time
The Data Technician position’s primary responsibility is to provide top tier design and implementation project services to BlackCSI. In addition to all data tasks and responsibilities, this person will provide high level support to clients’ IT departments. Work items range from firewall deployment, server upgrades, and data center and virtualization platform deployment and support. This position is instrumental in helping BlackCSI be the premiere MSP for small and mid-sized businesses.
Role and Responsibilities
Nurture and maintain a strong culture, learning from mistakes, collaborating with all other personnel to provide excellent support to all clients.
- Support end user problem solving remotely or on-site as needed.
- Log all time spent on time sheets daily with detailed information on work completed for future reference.
- Document processes as needed that will increase customer service levels and profitability to BlackCSI.
- Define processes to address repetitive support issues and document all procedures for the benefit of all personnel.
Provide technical intelligence to sales team to result in a thorough, efficient, and profitable sales process.
- Collaborate with the sales team to fully understand the client’s needs and desires.
- Audit and inventory specific technologies to meet those needs.
- Provide quote with all appropriate hardware, software and labor to sales, if needed.
Consistently exceed client expectations
- Respond in a timely manner according to the plan chosen by the client and meet committed time frames.
- Always schedule service orders as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Provide consultation and offer suggestions regularly for the benefit of the client’s business.
- Take complete accountability for the client’s needs and desires by being their advocate.
- Escalate issues through the appropriate routes of technical support in reasonable time frames to meet client expectations.
- Be courteous and polite to every client on every call.
Ensure proper communication between inter-office staff, you and the customer to result in a smooth transition from department to another.
- Adhere to paperwork/procedure guidelines – all paperwork is to be entered into Microsoft Teams after each service order.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Implement Complex Technology Deployments
- Develop new and suggest process improvements for existing procedures.
- Design Advanced Technology Deployments
- Complex Setup & Configuration of software and hardware related to:
- Networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers
- Servers (Windows and or Linux)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- SQL Server
- Wireless access points
- NAS devices
- SAN / Storage systems
- Cloud Solutions
- Office 365, Amazon services
- Backup Management Solutions
- Monitoring and Management Systems
- Virtualized Systems
- Data Center Solutions
- Clearly defined specialty
- Network (Networking, Security)
- Systems (Windows Servers, Linux, Storage)
- Implementation of internal systems
- Extremely reliable and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Ability to work remote frequently
Flexibility to work off-hours shifts