Look Development Technical Wizard
Art | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a Look Development Technical Wizard for a new project. Do you know how to get things done? Can you work with artists and designers to understand and implement what they need? We are looking for a talented team player eager to be a key part of our team.
Blackbird is a rapidly growing independent game development studio located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are dedicated to creating uncompromising immersive games with a strong narrative and distinctive art style. We are a team of industry veterans that launched our first game, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, to critical acclaim in 2016. We are now working on a large new game with heavier animation and content requirements than our previous projects.
- Look Development - Help implement and support the final look of in-game and cinematic assets. Creating, optimizing and maintaining shader libraries for characters, vehicles/structures, environments and FX. Help establish lighting setups for in-game and cinematic scenes.
- Working with the Art and Cinematics Director to help achieve the desired look and lighting for assets in cinematics
- Working with the Unit, Environment, Animation and FX Leads to help establish best practices for asset creation and pipelines
- Working with the programmers for optimal shader and lighting setups
- Tools and scripts - implementation and support of artists pipeline tools
- 5+ years of proven gameplay development; multiple shipped products.
- Strong understanding of 3D elements and creation
- Proven capability to work on multidisciplinary project teams, able to handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient using Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and PC operating systems
- Good understanding of character, hard surface and environment asset creation requirements from concept to completed asset
- Good understanding FX and Lighting
- Experience of Shader writing/development
- experience with PBR shader systems
- experience working with scans/photogrammetric data
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Extended Health & Dental benefits.
- Vacation and sick day allowances.
- Other studio programs related to maintaining the health and well being of our staff.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC. Please send a cover letter with your resume and a demo reel that shows your work.