General Application - Blackbird Interactive
All | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time, Contract, Temporary, and Temp to Perm
Interested in a career with Blackbird Interactive? We’re always on the look out for new talent in a number of fields including design, programming, art, production, community management, audio, and animation. If you are talented and passionate but don't fit into any of our current job openings, please apply here!
Blackbird and its team of industry veterans are creating the first original Homeworld game in more than a decade. Building on the gameplay and technology they started developing long ago on HARDWARE: Shipbreakers, they are now working in collaboration with Gearbox software to create Homeworld: Shipbreakers, a thrilling prequel to the Homeworld saga.
- To be an awesome and humble game developer!
- Join a team of skilled and creative people, and create something bigger and better than anyone could have imagined.
- Experience developing creative and compelling entertainment products
- Self direction and a proven ability to thrive in a highly dynamic and technical environment
- Strong inter-disciplinary collaboration skills, including verbal and written skills
- Available for full time & on-site work in Vancouver, BC
- Familiarity and experience playing the top worldwide game franchises, including RTS's specifically
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.)
- Unity 3D Experience
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and sick day allowances
- Certain applicants may be eligible for Health and Dental, and/or stock options
- Other studio programs related to maintaining the health and well being of our staff
Applications must include a cover letter and resume. Art positions should also include a link to your portfolio.
Blackbird's Recent Press:
- There's a New Homeworld Game Coming: http://kotaku.com/theres-a-new-homeworld-game-coming-1237630088
- Hardware: Shipbreakers Becomes an Official Homeworld Sequel: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127385-Hardware-Shipbreakers-Becomes-an-Official-Homeworld-Sequel