Sr. Professional Services Engineer (Deployment Engineer)
Tech Support | Campbell, CA | Full Time
Bitglass is a rapidly growing cloud security startup that is recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for CASB and earned first place in the Wall Street Journal’s “Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018.” With over 150 employees, $150M in funding from Tier 1 venture capital firms, and great customers in a broad range of industries, we’re growing every day. If you’re the type of person that likes a fast-paced, high-growth environment, read on!! Bitglass is an excellent, exciting environment for learning and developing one’s career.
This is a mid-level role and we are looking for someone with 3+ years of experience as well as a strong appetite for assisting customers with deploying our world-class security product. Candidates should possess good troubleshooting and reasoning skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, desire to work on networking, security, web, mobile, and other server-client technologies.
- Primarily responsible for deployment and onboarding of customers.
- Understand Customer’s Requirements and Environments.
- Develop and Communicate deployment plans and timelines.
- Be a mentor and resource for new professional services engineers.
- Assist customers in rapidly deploying Bitglass into their security posture.
- Develop technical articles and documentation and assist in growing both our internal and public-facing knowledge base.
- Work with Technical Support, DevOps, Engineering, and Product in resolving deployment issues in a timely fashion.
- Collaborative, Responsive and Enterprising in achieving customer objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience as a Deployment, Integration or Professional Services Engineer. preferably in an Enterprise SaaS Environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Prior Experience in communicating with Enterprise customers.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas as an Administrator or Power User:
- Operating Systems - Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
- Cloud / SaaS applications - Salesforce, GSuite, Office 365, Salesforce, etc.
- IaaS - AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Identity and Access Management (LDAP, AD, ADFS, Okta, Ping, etc).
- Network Firewalls and Proxies.
- End-Point Security.
- Ability to handle and cope with stressful situations and pressures of a start-up environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues involving communication between multiple SaaS and on-premise application.
- Experience building customer-facing documentation and deployment/project plans.
- Eagerness to learn lots of new technologies.
- Willingness to work east coast hours.
- Certifications in Security, Cloud or Networking.
- Experience with Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles, tcpdump or other Packet Capture tools.
- Experience in Information and Data security.
- Experience with Zendesk, JIRA and/or Salesforce.
- Experience with forward/reverse proxies and load balancers.
- Stock options and 401k plan.
- Generous company-paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage.
- Commuter benefits program.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks.
Bitglass is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.