Senior Technical Support Engineer
Tech Support | Campbell, CA | Full Time
Bitglass is a rapidly growing cloud security startup that is recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for CASB and earned first place in the Wall Street Journal’s “Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018.” With over 150 employees, $150M in funding from Tier 1 venture capital firms, and great customers in a broad range of industries, we are growing every day. If you are the type of person that likes a fast-paced, high-growth environment, read on!! Bitglass is an excellent, exciting environment for learning and developing one’s career.
This is a mid-level role and we are looking for someone with a few years of experience under their belt as well, as a strong appetite for assisting customers with deploying and supporting our world-class security product. Candidates should possess excellent troubleshooting and reasoning skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, desire to work on networking, security, web, mobile, and other server-client technologies.
- Drive the deployment and technical support of our customers.
- Troubleshoot complex communication between clients and servers’ infrastructures on the fly.
- Provide a consistent positive customer experience.
- Provide documentation to enhance our customers’ knowledge and help diagnose their issues.
- Partner with our internal engineering team to meet customer requirements on quality and functionality completeness.
- The ability to work well under demanding circumstances in a very dynamic start-up environment.
- Eagerness to learn everything about our product and share the knowledge.
- Must be a U.S born citizen as you will be dealing with sensitive information working with Government and or Military entities.
- Proficient with troubleshooting a wide variety of applications using standard tools (etc. Wireshark, tcpdump, Fiddler, Charles, OpenSSL, grep, and Kibana).
- Solid knowledge of client and server communication (DNS, HTTL, SSL, etc.).
- Experience with typical client and server operating systems as a user and/or Administrator (Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS, Android.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles, tcpdump, Packet Capture, CCNA, CCIE, VMWare, MCP, LDAP, Rsyslog/SyslogNG, virtual box, TLS, Lab, routing, switching, Load Balancer, Firewall, squid.
- Stock options and 401k plan.
- Generous company-paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage.
- Commuter benefits program.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Fully-stocked break room with complimentary food and drinks.
- Training & Development Opportunities.
Bitglass is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, and state or local law.