Senior Technical Support Engineer
Tech Support | Campbell, CA | Full Time
Bitglass is a rapidly growing cloud security startup that is recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for CASB and earned first place in the Wall Street Journal’s “Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018.” With over 150 employees, $150M in funding from Tier 1 venture capital firms, and great customers in a broad range of industries, we’re growing every day. If you’re the type of person that likes a fast-paced, high-growth environment, read on!! Bitglass is an excellent, exciting environment for learning and developing one’s career.
This is a senior role and we are looking for an experienced support engineer with 3 or more years of experience and a strong appetite for assisting customers. Candidates should be a self-starter, possess excellent troubleshooting and reasoning abilities and strong written and verbal communication skills along with a desire to work on networking, security, web, mobile, and other client-server technologies.
- Primarily responsible for supporting customers.
- Understand Customer's environments.
- Troubleshoot complex communication between client and server infrastructures on the fly.
- Be a mentor and technical leader for other technical support engineers.
- Provide a consistently positive customer experience.
- Develop technical articles and documentation and assist in growing both our internal and public-facing knowledge base.
- Work with Professional Services, DevOps, Engineering, and Product in resolving issues in a timely fashion.
- The ability to work well under demanding circumstances in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Self Starter, Collaborative, Responsive, and Enterprising in achieving customer objectives.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer, preferably in Enterprise SaaS or Cyber Security.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Prior Experience in communicating with Enterprise, Service Provider, or SMB customers.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas as an Administrator:
- Operating Systems - Windows, Linux, or Mac OS.
- Cloud / SaaS applications - Salesforce, GSuite, Office 365, Salesforce, etc.
- IaaS - AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Identity and Access Management (LDAP, AD, ADFS, Okta, Ping, etc).
- Network Firewalls and Proxies.
- End-Point Security.
- Proficient with troubleshooting a wide variety of applications using standard tools (etc. Wireshark, tcpdump, Fiddler, Charles proxy, OpenSSL, grep, and Kibana/Splunk/SIEM).
- Ability to troubleshoot issues involving communication between multiple SaaS and on-premise applications.
- Experience building customer-facing documentation.
- Eagerness to learn lots of new technologies.
- Willingness to work east coast hours.
- Preferably a U.S citizen as we are looking for someone who can work with US Federal Government entities.
- Certifications in Security, Cloud, or Networking.
- Experience with Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles, tcpdump, or other Packet Capture tools.
- Experience in Information and Data security.
- Experience with Zendesk, JIRA, and/or Salesforce.
- Experience with forward/reverse proxies and load balancers.
- Experience with administering Microsoft on-premise and cloud services.
- Experience with deploying and troubleshooting endpoint solutions.
- Stock options and 401k plan.
- Generous company-paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage.
- Commuter benefits program.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks.
Bitglass is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.