Director of Engineering, Analytics
Engineering | Campbell, CA | Full Time
Bitglass is a rapidly growing cloud security startup that is recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for CASB and earned first place in the Wall Street Journal’s “Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018.” With over 150 employees, $150M in funding from Tier 1 venture capital firms, and great customers in a broad range of industries, we are growing every day. If you are the type of person that likes a fast-paced, high-growth environment, read on!! Bitglass is an excellent, exciting environment for learning and developing one’s career.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering, physics, or other relevant field of study.
- 10+ years proven record developing, implementing, and delivering complex software.
- Experience leading teams, ideally in companies under 200 employees.
- Big Data Infrastructure, Big Data Architecture, or Big Data Operations experience.
- Experience managing a variety of teams with varying skill sets, and projects that are varied in size.
- Manage team deliverables across organizations.
- Experience hiring qualified team members from new college grads to Sr. Architects.
- Ability to design, code, debug complex server-side systems software.
- Proficiency in one or more languages: C, C++, Python, GoLang, Java
- Infrastructure design for reliability, scalability, performance, and fail-over for software like Hadoop, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, MySQL/MariaDB, RabbitMQ. Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with enterprise and analytics software infrastructure at scale.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Computing a plus (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure)
Bitglass is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.