Engineering | Mountain View, CA
Come join the Bitcasa team!
Take advantage of an amazing opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start up company. Work in a laid back environment that offers magnificent perks including daily catered lunch, a prime location on Castro street, and of course, an all-star team.
Bitcasa is the personal app that offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices with support for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows RT.
Users never have to worry about running out of disk space again. They can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure.
Bitcasa was founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, First Round, CrunchFund, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz.
We’re looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Product Manager to help define and implement the next wave of Bitcasa products. As a Product Manager at Bitcasa, you’ll work tightly with designers, engineers, and QA to deliver a wide range of products – from Mac to Web to Android. You will truly own the product, from early UX design to post-release analytics. We’re solving a big problem, and have a big vision about the future of data storage and access. This is a chance to get on board as one of the first PMs at a rapidly growing start-up. You’ll have a lot of responsibility and the chance to make a big impact.
- Identify new opportunities for Product Development
- Define and manage the product roadmap
- Partner with the Engineering Team and Executive Management to drive product priorities and lead cross-functional efforts
- Write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), working closely with customers to validate the product definition
- Work with customers, sales and the marketing team to drive successful launches and introduction of product(s) to the market
- Develop collateral to communicate product value proposition to customers/analysts
Education and Work Experience
- 1-2 years+ previous Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (CS or other technical field preferred, but not required)
- Experience developing software / technology products
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Strong UI/UX instincts
- Ability to get stuff done and manage without direct authority
- Project management skills
- Analytical, creative, problem-solver, fun
- Wants to live the disruptive Start-Up life: rapid releases, quick decisions, lots of autonomy
- Have decent Foosball, Chess or Galaga skills (or willingness to learn)