Junior DevOps Engineer
Engineering | San Mateo, CA
Come join the Bitcasa team!
Take advantage of an amazing opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start up company. Work in a laid back environment that offers magnificent perks including daily catered lunch, gym memberships to Crunch Fitness, a prime location in San Mateo within walking distance of Caltrain (Caltrain pass included) and ten minutes from SFO, and of course, an all-star team.
Bitcasa is the personal app that offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices with support for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows RT.
Users never have to worry about running out of disk space again. They can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure.
Bitcasa was founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, First Round, CrunchFund, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Junior DevOps Engineer
This is the perfect opportunity for a developer with an interest in transitioning into a DevOps role. At Bitcasa the Junior DevOps Engineer will combine software development, networking, and systems engineering skills to build and run the Bitcasa Platform. We are looking for creative engineers, who are technology enthusiasts and have a strong desire to make services better for the end users.
- 2+ years of scripting experience (Python or Ruby preferred)
- 2+ years of experience using Linux (Ubuntu or CentOS preferred)
- 1+ year of cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCE, Azure, Rackspace)
- 1+ year of experience with configuraiton management (Chef or Puppet)
- 1+ year of experience working with code repository (Git, SVN, or Perforce)
- 1+ year of experience working with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Has worked in an Agile environment
- Willingness to work as part of an on-call rotation
- 1+ year of experience working with Jenkins (setting up jobs, running tests, and backups)
- Experience with Server, App, Logging, and Performance monitoring of servers and applications
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience with building automation testing (unit testing, code coverage, performance test)
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Has supported an infrastructure that supported mobile and web clients