Direct Support Professional (Caregiver)
Support Staff | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time and Part Time
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact and truly make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities?
Bios is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated Direct Support Professionals to join our team.
The nature of the role by design is not glamorous, can be difficult at times and requires hard work, but the reward is immeasurable!
As a Direct Support Professional you will get to know those we serve on a personal level and assist them with in the implementation of person-centered plans, goals and objectives.
In this highly rewarding position you will ensure that those we serve are able to work towards their individual goals in a healthy, safe and nurturing home environment while participating as a member of a team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider Bios where we put people first!
- Follow Individual Support Plan
- Clearly document all aspects of services provided
- Maintain a high degree of honesty and integrity at all times
- Transport people as needed
- Acquire and maintain all required and needed training to properly serve customers
- Maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance at all times
- Perform all aspects of job safely and using good judgment
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all Bios customers, families and employees
- Communicate openly and respectfully with customers, supervisors, members of the community
- Represent Bios well in all aspects of manner, dress, communication and actions
- Teaching people life skills, including money management, home management, daily living and personal care skills
- Providing the care people can’t do themselves
- Helping people get involved in their communities
- Assist with medications and health monitoring
- Transport to appointments, errands and activities
Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid OK drivers license
- Auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Clean OSBI
- Be drug free
As a Bios employee you will be part of a second family. You will enjoy meaningful work and achieve rewarding results. Our purpose is for everyone to experience a better life starting from those we serve to our customers.