Direct Care Staff
Support Staff | Columbia, TN | Full Time and Part Time
Please Note: To be considered for this position application for employment is required by using this link- Direct Care Staff
Bios Direct Care Staff;(Caregivers) work hands on with people with intellectual disabilities to teach skills and provide supports to allow people to live as independently as possible in their homes and be involved in their communities the way they want to.
Direct Care Staff (Caregivers) assists individuals with a disability to lead a self-directed life and contribute to the community, assists with activities of daily living if needed, and encourages attitudes and behaviors to enhance community inclusion. Direct Care Staff (Caregivers) may provide supports to a person with a disability at home, work, school, church, and other community places. Direct Care Staff (Caregivers) also acts as an advocate for people, in communicating their needs, self-expression and goals.
Strong candidates for this position are people who:
• Are quick learners and creative problem solvers
• Are good teachers and coaches and are energized by the success of the people they support
• Are committed to helping people have a pleasant home, healthy meals and healthy lifestyle• Are Patient and kind, while still having high performance standards
• Enjoy supporting people in learning new things and accomplishing life and career goals
• Are self-starters, who don’t require immediate, on-site supervision
• Are responsible and good role models
• At least 18 years of age
• Able to bend, stoop, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds to provide services below
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
• Clear criminal history record
• Drug free
$9.00 - 10.00 Hour (Benefits start after 60 Days for Full-Time Employees)
Working With Bios:
Our Direct Care positions are a great opportunity for those considering careers in Psychology, Nursing, Medical Assisting, and other healthcare related fields. These are entry level positions with room for growth, and can be a stepping stone for anyone interested in advancing their career. Whether you desire to pursue a career in the healthcare field, human services, or social work arena get started with Bios. If already in the field are want to continue making a difference then Bios is the place to work.