Systems Reliability Engineer UK
Engineering | Waterloo, United Kingdom | Full Time
About the Role
At Billforward, our globally distributed platform is core to what we do. We are looking for a talented SRE/Devops to join our all-star team and scale our network as Billforward’s business grows. The ideal candidate has deep insights into how to run and manage a SaaS/On-prem platform. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small team building and running a high growth company. You will build tools to constantly improve availability, performance, uptime and response times. You will nurture a passion for an “automate everything” approach that makes systems failure-resistant and ready-to-scale.
Our SRE team will setup systems to monitor our platform 24 hours a day in a “follow-the-sun” approach with offices in:
- San Francisco
The ideal SRE candidate has a passionate curiosity about how the Internet fundamentally works and has a strong knowledge of DNS, Linux and TLS along with strong coding ability in Bash, Python or Go. We prefer to hire very experienced candidates; however raw skill trumps experience and we welcome strong junior candidates.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Linux systems administration
- Software development language skills in Python, PHP, Java, SQL or Bash
- Strong skills in network services such as DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP
- Network fundamentals DHCP, subnetting, routing, firewalls
- Experience with the Linux software packaging
- Performance analysis and debugging with tools like perf, sar, strace, dtrace
- Configuration management systems such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Load balancing and reverse proxy technologies such as Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Apache
- SQL databases (Postgres or MySQL)
- Time series databases (OpenTSDB, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Key/Value stores (Redis, KyotoTycoon, Cassandra, LevelDB)
- Experience with network programming in C, C++ or Go
- Experience with continuous / rapid release engineering
- Strong tooling and automations development experience
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment
Some tools that we use or evaluating
We offer competitive salaries, new laptop, and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. We have centrally located offices London & San Francisco. Sound like somewhere you'd thrive? We'd love to hear from you. Submit your CV.
Billforward is a billing and revenue company. All prospective employees will be subject to a background check.
Billforward is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.