Office Assistant with Bookkeeping skills
Operations & Delivery | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Beaconfire RED, an Arlington, VA-based digital marketing agency serving nonprofit clients, is seeking a detail-oriented, self-starter to help keep a fast-paced company running smoothly.
We are looking for an Office Assistant with Bookkeeping skills who is:
- Flexible (every day is different here!);
- Tech savvy (meaning you're not afraid to help staff run virtual meetings and troubleshoot when gremlins decide they want to put the projector on the fritz);
- Interested in assisting with basic bookkeeping tasks (Bonus points if you want to expand your bookkeeping skills!).
You will spend half of your time providing general office support, and the other half helping our Office Manager with basic bookkeeping duties.
Your day-to-day will consist of a range of activities, including:
General office assistance
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties, including maintaining online and offline files, and data entry;
- Process, track and maintain legal documents and contracts;
- Ensure that the office space and kitchen are clean and in good working order;
- Liaise with building maintenance and property management;
- Ensure all office equipment is functioning properly;
- Ensure office supplies are appropriately stocked;
- Assist with staff event planning;
- Assist with travel arrangement coordination:
- Answer and direct incoming calls:
- Assist staff with basic IT support.
- Enter payments and make bank deposits weekly;
- Assist with monthly invoicing;
- Receive and proof incoming bills;
- Process staff expense reports;
- Maintain records and files as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years work experience, and a desire to be an important part of the inner-workings of a fast-paced, digital agency.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work independently without a lot of supervision. We're happy to answer questions at any time, but micromanagement isn't our style.
- Tech-savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic bookkeeping skills. Bonus points if you have experience working with QuickBooks.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work on several projects at the same time.
- Excellent written communication and proofreading skills.
You like working with people and have strong verbal communications skills.
Other good things to know about this opportunity:
- This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office (we’re located 2 metro-stops across the river in Arlington, VA).
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire RED.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Beaconfire RED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Beaconfire RED is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
About Beaconfire RED
At Beaconfire RED we help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act. Our clients include leading organizations such as the truth Campaign, Audubon Society, the Ocean Conservancy and the League of Women Voters.
Benefits, Rewards & Perks at Beaconfire RED
- The people. We are friendly, smart, curious and passionate about what we do!
- Competitive salaries + Profit Sharing + "Torchies" quarterly bonus program
- Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
- Platinum & Silver-level Health insurance plans - Medical, Dental & Vision. Pet insurance, too!
- 401k and company match
- Culture of Learning: Your own annual training budget, Friday Square tables and more
- Regular staff events and impromptu visits by the Beaconfire RED beverage cart
- Onsite gym
- Oh, and don’t forget - You're working for clients who are making a positive difference in the world.