Digital Marketing Manager
Business Development & Corporate Marketing | Arlington, VA | Full Time
As Digital Marketing Manager for Beaconfire RED, you will own the development, execution and measurement of campaigns and marketing on our owned channels to promote our agency, help us win new customers and become the leading digital marketing, design and technology agency for nonprofits and associations working to create positive change in the world.
You’ll report to the EVP, Corporate Marketing and work closely with the sales team, and you’ll have a group of smart digital marketing, UX, design and digital technology experts to collaborate with.
We're looking for a rock-star who can maintain a balance between creative, tactical and technical execution. Key responsibilities of this position include:
Sales enablement: Partner closely with the Sales team to acquire and cultivate well-qualified leads
- Design and manage the lead generation strategies -- content marketing, email, blog, social, SEO and paid advertising -- as well as conferences, webinars, and hosted or partner events
- Successfully create and deliver top and bottom of funnel marketing campaigns
- Develop and document best practices and templates to deliver tangible campaign improvements
- Optimize our existing campaigns and agency marketing practice and readily bring new ideas and experience to the table
- Identify growth opportunities across our total addressable market
Brand Management: Ensure all agency marketing content and materials are on brand
- Work hand-in-hand with the EVP and our creative and sales teams to evolve the brand
- Help lead and manage projects associated with branding, including updates to the website and owned channels, print and digital materials, and event collateral
- Work closely with the EVP and creative team to act as the brand manager, ensuring all agency marketing content and materials are high-quality and brand-adherent in style, tone, and design
Content Marketing: Support the lead generation strategy with value-based content
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar that aligns with Beaconfire RED’s business goals and the lead generation strategy
- With your knowledge of the industry and the help of internal experts, proactively provide content ideas for industry conference events, blog content, webinars, and hosted corporate events to attract qualified leads and lift our thought leadership
- Elevate, build, optimize and execute social media marketing campaigns and email marketing campaigns to grow brand awareness and drive qualified leads and revenue
- Investigate and pursue opportunities to place our content in relevant digital publications
- Post content to our website and make strategic recommendations for improvements to the website based on knowledge of digital design and UX trends and specific knowledge of the nonprofit digital industry.
- Write emails, web content and assist internal staff with writing case studies, site collateral and conference submissions
- Proofread all content and ensure it meets brand standards and goals.
Event Planning and Promotion: Positioning and planning for our thought leaders and the agency
- Provide industry conference support (8-10 a year, plus 1-2 hosted events), including maintaining an event calendar, project-managing tasks, and executing event-related campaigns. Includes representing the agency at the event and overseeing the brand presence at all events and conferences.
- Manage online webinars, including crafting some topics, ensuring they meet our sales needs, recruiting speakers, setting up registration flows, and promoting attendance and delivering leads to sales
Project Management: Take new campaigns and strategies from idea to reality
- Maintain editorial calendar
- Manage timeline, scope, and budget for lead generation tactics, campaigns and projects
- Provide regular status and performance reporting
- Lead team of internal subject matter expert staff who may be assisting with content development, webinars, social media, website enhancements
- Facilitate gathering of stakeholder input or approvals, where needed
- Work with a digital analyst to identify key KPIs and track, analyze and report on monthly using Google Analytics, eCRM, CRM and specific channel metrics
- You have 3-5+ years delivering marketing and demand generation strategies and have knowledge of the entire digital experience (UX, design, marketing and tech). Bonus if you have knowledge of the digital nonprofit industry, whom Beaconfire RED serves.
- You’re data-driven and focused on demand generation and brand outcomes.
- You are a people person who is positive, proactive and a self-starter.
- You are comfortable talking strategically about marketing best practices with senior management.
- You don’t just have great ideas – you also know how to make them happen.
- You can develop a strategy then tactically implement it.
- You're a strong project manager and a creative problem solver.
- You are a natural collaborator with the ability to encourage and motivate internal experts to create content or provide ideas for content.
- Experience specifically running marketing programs and creating or posting content with eCRMs, CRMs, CMS (Drupal, Wordpress, other) and social media platforms.
- You know how to prioritize and execute multiple projects at once.
- You work well under deadlines and tight schedules.
- You love to innovate but love organization and process at the same time.
- Curious mind and a “growth mindset” with everything you do.
- Agency or brand experience is highly preferred.
Other good things to know about this opportunity:
- This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office (we’re located 2 metro-stops across the river in Arlington, VA).
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire RED.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Beaconfire RED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Beaconfire RED is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
About Beaconfire RED
At Beaconfire RED we help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act. Our clients include leading organizations such as the truth Campaign, Audubon Society, the Ocean Conservancy and the League of Women Voters.
Benefits, Rewards & Perks at Beaconfire RED
- The best part is the people you’ll be working with. We are friendly, smart, curious, and focused on solving problems using good design and technology.
- Competitive salaries + Profit Sharing + "Torchies" quarterly bonus program
- Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
- Platinum & Silver-level Health insurance plans - Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k and company match
- Culture of Learning: Your own annual training budget, Friday Square tables and more
- Regular staff events
- Onsite gym
- Oh, and don’t forget - You're working with clients who are making a positive difference in the world.