Hotel - Flex - Relief Night Auditor and Front Desk Agent
Front Desk | Wilmington, NC | Full Time
We are the Best Western - Coastline Inn located on the riverfront in the Historic District
As a Flex agent, you will cover the full-time auditors' days off and also join our first and second-shift front desk team a few days a week. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
The Front Desk Team assures the highest possible level of visitor and guest satisfaction by providing superior customer service. Responsible for checking guests into and out of the hotel as well as answering phone calls and customer inquiries. We need team members with an eye for cleanliness and attention to detail. Must be willing to help other departments as required. Must be friendly, outgoing, and have great customer service. Must have reliable transportation.
Room Assignments, Changes, and Issues
- Checks guests into and out of the hotel in an accurate, speedy, and courteous manner.
- Efficiently handles all payments received whether they are cash, credit card, checks, or traveler's checks. Balances/verifies all monetary transactions in the appropriate accounts.
- Ensures that all hotel keys are distributed to the appropriate parties and that guest privacy is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation regarding room registration, changes, charges, credit card transactions, customer service, and maintenance issues.
- Facilitate the washing, drying, and folding of house laundry as required.
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must respond to and follow-up on all guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel's services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Ensures that the lobby and front desk area is clean, organized, visually appealing, and well stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Properly compiles, completes, and distributes reports to all management and relevant staff.
- Reports any maintenance, security, or safety issues to the appropriate staff.
- Any duties assigned by the Assistant General Manager and/or General Manager.
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays
- Full-time position
- Previous hotel experience is nice, but we are willing to train anyone with a great personality and willingness to learn
- We are NC family-owned and our management team is well established. Our company is opening hotels in Wilmington in the future so there may be opportunities to grow.
- All employees are eligible for the Best Western Employee Discount program when traveling
- Paid vacation time for part-time and full-time team members after one year.
- Health Insurance available for full-time team members after the measurement period