Marketing | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Here's your chance to put your talent to work for a rapidly growing Fintech company (month over month growth of 20%) and help lead our customer-centric marketing program at Bento for Business. Reporting to the CRO, with access to the entire leadership team including the CEO, this role will coordinate marketing activities across a range of programs from events to social and digital marketing. You will help the marketing team produce thoughtful, data-driven content and campaigns to create awareness, produce leads and influence sales results.
Bento, located in the heart of Chicago's Loop, is the first comprehensive financial services platform built exclusively for Small Businesses. Our smart employee corporate cards can be controlled remotely through proprietary software, saving business owners thousands of dollars a month and hours of administrative work, allowing them to focus on their business or their families. We are a venture-backed fast-paced company operating in a dynamic start-up culture but with sustained profitability.
We value being human with each other, our partners and our customers and we are dedicated to providing the best possible product and experience at every touchpoint. Proudly rated 4+/5 stars on TrustPilot/Capterra and an industry leading NPS of 65, Bento is redefining expense management through innovative technology, smart marketing, best-in-class operations, and caring customer service.
Who should apply
This opportunity is a good fit if you have enough experience to take our data-driven guerrilla marketing program to the next level, and if you are articulate, organized, and tech savvy. Whether you are researching customer behavior in Google Analytics, or interviewing a business owner for a blog post, or running a new campaign via our CRM, your moxie and attention to detail will help us achieve our ambitious goals. This is a rare opportunity for an outstanding individual to have an impact on every aspect of the customer journey.
Key Responsibilities (What you own)
- Campaigns: Work with marketing team to develop and manage all promotional collateral and programs, including email, website, research and advertising
- Events: Manage in-person and online marketing events, including budget, materials, vendors, pre- and post- campaigns
- Voice of Customer: Grow the volume of customer reviews on third-party review platforms, survey and report our NPS, and capture and share customer feedback with internal team to continually improve our service and product
- Leadership: Develop and maintain communication strategy and tactical timeline of all key marketing tasks, activities, and deadlines
- Education: Work with team to continually expand and enhance our educational content for members and prospects
- Social: Work with team to produce engaging posts for Bento’s Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Research: Research ways to increase interactions and optimize content for sharing/virality, and develop a full understanding of our audiences
- Reporting: Measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and report statistics on a weekly basis to the team, and suggest ways to improve performance
- Overall: Various other projects and tasks in support of overall marketing program
- Expertise in email marketing with a SaaS customer base
- Excellent marketing copywriting skills
- 2+ years experience working with integrated digital marketing for a brand
- 2+ years experience analyzing and reporting data using spreadsheets
- Experience with website responsibilities including tracking, reporting, updating pages
- Active social media experience with tools to manage Twitter, Facebook and others
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with owners of small businesses
- B2B SaaS experience
- Trade show production experience
- Professional sales training
Other qualities and skills
- Extroverted and outgoing
- 100% Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic; coachable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; journalism helpful
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.