Customer Support Specialist
Operations | Chicago, IL | Full Time
At Bento, we believe that there’s a better, more inclusive way for small businesses to access the financial services they need. A key component of our strategy is to provide great support to our customers to ensure they’re getting the most out of our products. We genuinely care about our customers and are dedicated to providing them the best possible product and experience at each and every touchpoint.
To help execute on our mission, we’re looking for a talented, friendly customer care specialist to provide exceptional support to our customers. Through live chat, phone, and email support, you’ll help us ensure that our customers and prospective customers have a great experience. You must bring a positive, can-do, customer focused attitude to get the job done.
This is a chance to experience the fast-paced environment of an startup in a highly visible role that includes the opportunity to make a big impact. We are headquartered in downtown San Francisco. Preference will be given to those in the Chicagoland area who have proven ability working in a distributed team.
- Respond to chat, phone and email inquiries on product features & functionality
- Outbound outreach to customers concerning any and all aspects of their accounts
- Provide program information for inbound & outbound pre-sale inquiries
- Assist in business document collection and enrollment verification
- Solve customer requests involving account management, card reissuance, and other special handling requests
- Investigate and communicate card transaction and account load activity
- Triage technical issues & work with internal resources to support client needs
- Solicit and compile customer feedback to help drive product and process improvement
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Stellar written and oral communication skills.
- Must be extremely comfortable and confident with technical support and troubleshooting over multiple platforms, (e.g. different browsers, mobile devices, and operating systems)
- Experience providing support via phone, email and chat (inbound and outbound)
- Natural listener and problem solver with a passion for helping people.
- Ability to work remotely within a distributed team. Position is currently remote/ work from home.
- Ability to search and find information and solutions independently
- Effective multi-tasker
- Experience with Financial Services or Small Business support a plus
- Availability to work shifts between (5 AM-6pm Pacific Time).
- Must pass a full background check.
- Unflappable personality that can take on any and all challenges and/or changes in direction with grace, humor, and tact
- Must have the ability to follow through on all tasks.
- Must have your own:
- reliable hi-speed internet
- reliable computer
- quiet free from distraction home office set up
- A cover letter is required to be considered.
Bento is a global financial services platform built from the ground up for small businesses. The Bento platform helps small businesses better manage and control expenses, become more efficient at running their business, and more easily raise capital.
We're looking for passionate, curious, and talented people who think big and want to create the future of SMB financial services in the US. If you thrive on challenges and want to make a real difference, please check us out.