Customer Support Lead
Operations | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Bento for Business is the first comprehensive financial services platform built just for Small and Medium Businesses. We currently offer smart employee corporate cards that can be controlled remotely through our proprietary software. By using our unique controls and tools, SMBs can save thousands of dollars a month and hours of administrative work, allowing them to focus on their business or their families.
Our business is growing rapidly. We genuinely care about our customers and are dedicated to providing them the best possible product and experience at each and every touchpoint. As we expand our business, we need to ensure that the great service that our customers experience today (NPS of 68) remains a point of focus and pride for our company. This is where you come in.
As our Customer Support Lead, you will lead by example and oversee and mentor a team of dedicated professionals who strive to consistently exceed our customer’s expectations. You will interact across the company to ensure that the voice of the customer is heard.
This is a rare opportunity for an outstanding individual to make a big impact on the next big thing in payments and financial services.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead, mentor, organize, and scale a team relentlessly focused on delivering a great experience to our customers
- Handle front line and escalated phone calls, chats, and emails from customers
- Provide day to day oversight and management of customer support personnel and operations and create and improve processes and policies as required
- Define, monitor and measure key indicators of customer satisfaction, such as NPS and response time and report
- Report key metrics to the company and external partners. Make sure we’re meeting our obligations to our customers and others.
- Be a voice of the customer and an advocate for constant improvement. Synthesize feedback from multiple sources and identify the best opportunities to improve our product for the benefit of our customers
- Work across the company with marketing, sales, product, engineering and operations to support company goals and initiatives
- Ensure that the team’s output aligns to our company values
- 5+ years working in increasingly challenging customer support roles, minimum of 3 years of Customer Support team management experience
- Top-notch oral and written communication skills
- Proven leadership and experience with managing and growing a team of partly-distributed CS professionals
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to cover hours as needed between 7am and 8pm CST
- Unflappable personality that can take on any and all challenges and/or changes in direction with grace, humor, professionalism, and tact
- Ability to multi-task and work comfortably in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass a full background check
- A cover letter is required to be considered
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with support through chat, email and phone systems like Zendesk and RingCentral. Ideal candidate will be able to direct team training on proper system workflows, procedures and usage
- Expertise with CRM systems, including the ability to analyze metrics for decision making and operational changes
- Experience in financial services, payments, processing (prepaid, debit, credit)
- Experience with small and medium business products is a big plus.
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Stock options for all employees
- Office in the Loop is conveniently located to public transportation